RAIN WATER HARVESTING – GIFT FROM THE SKY
Location of Bangalore City
- Topography : Situated on undulating land intermittently dotted with low hills and valleys
- Latitude : 13° North
- Longitude : 77° East.
- Elevation : About 1000 meters above MSL
Climate of Bangalore City
- Temperature: Mean annual 24°C ;
- Extremes:15°C in winter, 37°C in summer.
- Average rainfall: 972mm (30 years average) mainly distributed over 8months april-Novemberwith around 60 rainy days in a year
- Natural Drainage Valleys :
- Hebbal Valley
- Vrishabhavathi Valley
- Koramangala-Challaghatta Valley
- Number of Lakes : 82