- Terms and Conditions
- Online Payment
- Service use Obligation
- User account ,password and security
- Authority to charge card account
- User Conduct
- No Warranties
- Copyrights and other Proprietary Rights
- Trademarks and Brand Name
- Refund policies
- Terms and Conditions
The following are the Terms and Conditions for use of the BWSSB Service. Please read them carefully. Access to and/or use of the BWSSB Site is subject to the following rules as well as all applicable terms and conditions while registering with BWSSB.
The information contained in this Web Site (https://www.bwssb.org) has been prepared solely for the purpose of providing information about BWSSB to interested parties, and is no way binding on BWSSB. This Web Portal has been compiled in good faith by BWSSB, but no representation is made or warranty given (either express or implied) as to the completeness or accuracy of the information it contains. You are therefore requested to verify this information before you act upon it.
Access to and use of the BWSSB site is subject to all applicable local laws and regulations of Government of Karnataka. Unless otherwise specifically indicated, you may download material displayed on the BWSSB site for personal, non-commercial use only. You may not distribute, modify, copy, publish, transmit, display, sell, license, use, reuse or create derivative works of any of the contents of or material displayed on the BWSSB site for any public or commercial purpose without the written consent of BWSSB deems necessary. You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices on downloaded and/or copied material. Any copy of material from the BWSSB site you make and distribute for any purpose must also include these Rules. You may not access or use the BWSSB site in any way that could or is intended to damage or impair the BWSSB site or any server or network underlying the BWSSB site, or interfere with anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the Site.
By accessing this Web Portal, you agree that BWSSB will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss arising from the use of the information and the material contained in this Web Portal. The copyright in the material contained in this Web Site belongs to and remains solely with BWSSB. Your access to it does not imply a license to reproduce and/or distribute this information and you are not allowed to any such act without the prior approval of BWSSB.
While making online bill payments through BWSSB, the consumers are bound by the terms and conditions. All disputes regarding violation of terms and conditions are subject to jurisdiction under the Government of Karnataka only.
The BWSSB Rules may be revised by updating this posting. You are bound by such revisions and should therefore visit this page to review the current Rules from time to time.
- Online Payment
BY COMPLETING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS OR BY MAKING PAYMENT TRANSACTION YOU ARE STATING THAT YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THESE RULES (Terms and conditions)while performing online transactions through the BWSSB web Portal.
Any consumers who wish to view / pay their water bills online through the BWSSB web portal needs to get registered with the BWSSB site initially as one time activity.
By accessing and using the BWSSB Site, You accept and agree to the Rules without limitation or qualification, and acknowledge that any other agreements you may have with the department are superseded by the Rules, to the extent any conflict exists. If you do not agree with these Rules, please do not use the BWSSB Site for the payment of your water bill.As of now the BWSSB web portal has the online water bill payment service. This Service offers you a convenient and secure way to pay your water bill over the internet using any Visa or Master Credit Card. Payment that you can make through this service is limited to BWSSB water bill payment.
Since online payments are accepted through credit card and at present we accept Master and Visa Card only. The validation and verification of the credit card lies solely with the credit card gateway service provider.
- Service use Obligation
In using the online bill payments Service through BWSSB site, you agree to:
(a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself (Registration Data), your Credit Card details (Payment Data), your bill details.
(b) Enter the bill details and credit card details completely, accurately and correctly. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete then responsibility is all yours.
- User account, password and security
To open a User account, you must complete the registration process. As part of such registration you must create a Login ID and a Password to facilitate subsequent access to BWSSB online payment. Your password is intended to provide security against unauthorized access to and use of, Your BWSSB account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the Registration Data.
Immediately notify BWSSB authorities of any unauthorized use of your password\account or any other breach of security. You can also make call at center (22238888). Ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session.
You agree that BWSSB is authorized to act on all instructions received when your password is used in conjunction with Your Login ID. Any transaction or activity pursuant to use of your account or password shall be deemed to be your transaction or activity and BWSSB shall have no obligation to verify the authenticity of any such transaction or activity. BWSSB does not assume any responsibility and cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
Notwithstanding anything stated elsewhere in the Rules, and despite correct use of Your User account and password, BWSSB shall be entitled in its sole discretion (but shall not be bound) to seek offline and/or additional written or other confirmation from you of any instruction, transaction or activity as BWSSB may deem fit. In addition we may issue instructions from time to time intended to ensure the security of BWSSB. You agree to comply with those instructions.
- Authority to charge Card account
You may pay water bills at BWSSB using a Visa / Master Credit Card. When you initiate a bill payment transaction and/or issue a Payment Instruction and provide BWSSB with Your Card details:
- You warrant that Your fully and lawfully entitled use such Credit Card for such transactions
- You are responsible to ensure that the Card details provided by You are accurate
- If the funds available in the Payment Account are under any encumbrance or charge
- If the Card Issuing Bank refuses or delays honoring the Payment Instruction(s).
- Circumstances beyond the control of BWSSB (including, but not limited to, fire, flood, earthquakes, natural disasters, bank strikes, power failures, systems failure like computer or telephone lines breakdown due to an unforeseeable cause or interference from an outside force).
- User Conduct
As a condition of your use of the Payment Service, you warrant to BWSSB and its Service Partner that you will not use the Service for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations and are solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur under your account or password, including the content received and payments made through the Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to:
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others
- Transmit or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other harmful or deleterious programs
- Interfere with or disrupt networks connected to the Service or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service, through password mining or any other means
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations
- Interfere with another member’s use and enjoyment of the Service or another individual’s or entity’s use and enjoyment of similar services.
BWSSB has no obligation to monitor the Service or any member’s use thereof or retain the content of any member session. However, BWSSB reserves the right at all times to monitor, review, retain and/or disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- No warranties
The information and services provided or referenced on the BWSSB site are provided as is and with all faults and the entire risk as to satisfactory quality, performance, accuracy and effort is with the user. This means that although reasonable efforts are made to include accurate and up-to-date information on the BWSSB site, BWSSB and/or its Service Partner make no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. BWSSB and/or its Service Partner makes no warranty, either express or implied, that any information or service provided or referenced by the BWSSB site is either merchantable or accurate, that such information or service will fulfill any of your particular purposes or needs, or that such information or service does not infringe on any third party rights. BWSSB and/or its Service Partner may periodically add, change, or improve any of the information; products, services, programs, and technology described on the BWSSB site without notice, BWSSB and/or its Service Partner assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the BWSSB site.
Notwithstanding Our efforts to ensure that the BWSSB system is secure, you acknowledge that all electronic data transfers are potentially susceptible to interception by others. We cannot, and do not, warrant that data transfers utilizing BWSSB, or electronic mail transmitted to and from us will not be monitored or read by others.
- Copyrights other Proprietary Rights
You should assume that everything on the BWSSB site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and that it must not be used except as provided in the Rules or with the express written consent of BWSSB or any third party BWSSB deems necessary. BWSSB neither warrants nor represents that your use of the material displayed on the BWSSB site will not infringe rights of third parties. Any product, service, program, or technology described on the BWSSB site may be the subject of other intellectual property rights (including but not limited to copyright, trademark, or patent rights) owned by BWSSB and/or its Partners. Any such right that is not expressly licensed herein is reserved by BWSSB and/or its Partners. Images of people or places displayed on the BWSSB site are either the property of, or used with permission by, BWSSB. Use of these images by you or other third party is prohibited unless expressly permitted in the Rules or elsewhere on the BWSSB site. Any unauthorized use of these images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and other applicable regulations and statutes.
- Trademarks and Brandname
Nothing contained on the BWSSB site should be construed as granting by implication, estoppels, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the BWSSB site without the written permission of BWSSB or such third party that may own the Trademark. Misuse of any Trademarks, or any other content, displayed on the BWSSB site is prohibited. BWSSB aggressively enforces its intellectual property rights, including via civil and criminal proceedings
- Refund Policies
This refund policy is applicable only in respect of online payment made on BWSSB web portal
- Water Bill Amount once paid through the payment gateway shall not be refunded other than in the following circumstances:
- Multiple times debiting of consumer account due to technical error.
- Consumer account being debited with excess amount in a single transaction due to technical error.
- In respect of refunds due to amount not credited to BWSSB account but amount debited to consumer account, consumer is required to send e-mail to onli...@bwssb.org mentioning USERID of the consumer, RRNumber, transaction number and transaction date of the online payment. Accounts Department will verify the details and refund the amount to the concerned Credit card/Online banking account.
- In respect of refunds for any other reasons other than above consumers is required to send e-mail to onli...@bwssb.org furnishing USERID of the consumer, RRNumber, transaction number and transaction date of the online payment with reasons for such refund. Such request has to be sent within 30 days from the date of online payment. Request received after 30 days will not be considered.
- Refunds to consumers will be given normally in 15 working days, after the receipt of e-mail or written application. Refund request will be processed manually and after verification, if the claim is found valid, Accounts Department of BWSSB will refund the applicable to the concerned Credit Card/Debit Card/Online banking account by BWSSB. If refunds are delayed, consumers may contact BWSSB.